It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to invoke OSLC query from Rational Publishing Engine?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Feb 13 '17, 4:12 p.m.

Since the DNG Reportable REST API does not support lightweight module queries, I need to invoke an OSLC query from RPE.  Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Robert

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Feb 14 '17, 12:37 a.m.

Hi Robert,

Could you please elaborate the issue? like what is lightweight module queries...

Thanks,
Kumar

Robert Huet commented Feb 14 '17, 10:29 a.m.

That is correct.  We have an RPE report that is driven by a query that returns a long list of requirements modules.  Unfortunately, both the "resources" and the "modules" REST API queries return information not only on the module but also all it's contents (which I call "heavyweight".  I need a "lightweight" query that returns only identifying information from the modules (no contents).  I've developed an OSLC query that does just that.  However, I would like to invoke it from an RPE report.  I've seen articles on how to incorporate an OSLC link in RPE, but not a full query.  Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Robert

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 15 '17, 6:14 a.m.

Were you able to add REST v2 schema for DNG in RPE? I gave a try using REST v2 Schema Discovery wizard (Base URL - https://server:port/rm/oslc_rm/catalog), but it does not seem to work. It works for RQM so that I can report on OSLC API using RPE.

Robert Huet commented Feb 15 '17, 10:19 a.m.

I got blocked on the wizard prompt: Select a REST v2 service and its query capability.

Screen capture

Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Feb 16 '17, 10:24 p.m. | edited Feb 16 '17, 10:25 p.m.

Hi Robert,

After further investigation we found that DNG doesn't have queryShape for QueryCapability for OSLC resource. DNG team would need to add support for it.
Please raise an RFE against DNG.

Thanks,
Kumar

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.