It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

copy work item from one repository to another

Naveen V (791458) | asked Jan 19 '17, 4:52 p.m.

Hi,

We are using CLM 5.0.2 version. I am trying one work item copy from project A to Project B, which is working fine. Where as copying from Project B to Project A doesn't work. Its giving error as

CRRTC0290E: The work item cannot be saved because the work item's type is not configured correctly at the project level.

Thanks for the help in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 19 '17, 9:50 p.m.

There is just way too little information to work with. You didn't even say which work item type did not work, or all of them failed. Going by just the error code, you may just hit the same problem as in the below post.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/146956/error-running-operation-saving-work-item-crrtc0290e-the-work-item-cannot-be-saved-because-the-work-items-type-is-not-configured-correctly-at-the-project-leve

Comments
Naveen V commented Jan 20 '17, 11:33 a.m.

Hi Donald,

It is for DEFECT work item. I saw the link you provided yesterday before opening this questions but I have editor and workflow assigned there. Even I tried importing work item from csv then got the same error.
Did ClearQuest to RTC import got the same error.
When I create the Defect from RTC web or eclip client then I am able to create the work item. Some thing missing in configuration itseems.
I noticed one thing. When I open process configuration and click on "Check workfoow usages in repository" then it is not showing many records except 2. Hope I need to do something with workflow itseems to fix this issue. Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Donald Nong commented Jan 23 '17, 8:28 p.m.

Can't really tell. You'd better contact IBM Support and send the process template for examination.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.