It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not possible to put a comment when status is rejected for defects reported by customer

Matthew More (40212) | asked Jan 10 '17, 4:01 a.m.
Hello all, 

I am wondering if someone is able to assist.
Not possible to put a comment when status is rejected for defects reported by customer.
I would like to put a comment.

It is denied by server with following note:
"Comment to customer must have more than 6 characters."

It was already set to status rejected so I don't need to send any comment to customer.
This limit have to be active only by transition from analyzed to rejected.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 10 '17, 4:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Try to add a comment that has more than 6 characters. If that does not solve your problem,

1. Provide reasonable details to your question. See: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/203755/how-should-i-ask-a-question-in-the-forum-if-i-want-to-receive-useful-answers
  2. Talk to your administrators for your tools

Comments
Matthew More commented Jan 17 '17, 2:40 a.m.

Ralph,

The problem is that in case when status is rejected we want put comment internally ( not to customer ) , we should be able put some kind of interal comment, right?

Rational DOORS Next Generation <o:p> </o:p>

6.0.2 iFix007 <o:p> </o:p>

Matthew More commented Jan 24 '17, 8:15 a.m. | edited Nov 11 '17, 5:40 p.m.

Ralph any comment ?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 24 '17, 8:49 a.m. | edited Jan 24 '17, 8:49 a.m.

See http://ukhazel.com/wp/doors-next-gen-access-control-workarounds/ for some information about read access. There is, as far as I can tell, no way to set up a "private comment" that only you and your colleagues, but not the customer can see.

Your error message does not have anything to do with any of this, as far as I can tell.

Matthew More commented Feb 22 '17, 8:11 a.m.

Ralph I heard that problem is related to project with enabled Dante synchronization , what do you think about this ?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 22 '17, 8:24 a.m.

Sorry, I have to pass. I would suggest to contact support. I don't even know what Dante synchronization would be.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 23 '17, 5:10 a.m.

I can confirm that with RDNG 6.0.2, the default workflow does not have such restriction that only comments longer than 6 characters are allowed. So this is more about customization. If you are certain that it has something to do with "Dante synchronization", you should first talk to the person(s) who enabled this synchronization.

Maybe you can post a screenshot showing the error message so that we may have some clue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.