It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about DNG for importing document as a module

jane zhou (106865) | asked Jan 08 '17, 10:33 p.m.

If I have a requirement doc file, and I want to import it to DNG as a module.
However, if the requirement doc file is updated for some parts later, say, adding new requirement, modifying the current ones... how can I do remapping work in DNG? 
Can DNG recognize the item which is already created, and update only that part, only create new item for new ones? or it only will create the whole doc as all new items in one new module? 

Or as long as you import the doc into DNG, you'd better do all modification in DNG then? but it is not easy to do editing work inside DNG, especially for charts.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 09 '17, 11:40 p.m.

You expect to use two requirement tools in parallel and somehow "merge" the requirements together, which is not supported. If you're so reliant on Word, the best choice could have been RequisitePro but it's long gone.

As you have discovered, after you "extract" the requirements from a text document, DNG has no knowledge of the original document at all, and there is no way to map the requirements back to the document. The only way to support a "round trip" editing (or offline editing if you prefer) is use CSV but that is not what you want as you are talking about charts.

If charts is the main concern, you can do it this way - as most charts are converted to images during the import, you can always upload a "newer version" of the image/chart.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.