It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Import failing for HTTP Filtered Value Sets with String List Attribute Types referencing the set

Michael Reed (126516) | asked Dec 23 '16, 2:49 p.m.
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out why this is happening and, if possible, how to resolve the issue. I have a massive data migration effort going on and several of the lists have been configured in XML and provided as HTTP Filtered Value Sets. Several of those lists are also multi-selection lists (Enumeration List functionality using String list attribute type). All this works fine in testing and general use but all imports have failed so far creating an massive issue for us on the ETL.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Dec 23 '16, 3:02 p.m.
Hi Michael,

It is not possible to import data into a String List attribute. This is currently a limitation. Please see  enhancement 265318
Michael Reed selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Reed commented Dec 23 '16, 3:10 p.m.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for that link. I subscribed and posted a comment. That is also really unfortunate. I may have to completely change some of the configuration and the maintenance of these lists will be significant.

-michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.