It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Customisation of Defect in Scrum Template

Shane Parkinson (51197) | asked Sep 03 '09, 12:13 a.m.
I tried to add string attribute to the Defect Workitem that is part of the SCRUM default process template. I added the attribute to the details secton in the Editor Presentation, but the field doesn't appear when I go to create a new Defect. I followed the steps in http://jazz.net/library/article/129.

I can't work out what else needs to happen to make it appear.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 03 '09, 2:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am not sure what went wrong here.

I'd try to add just the attribute first, making sure everything works as expected. When creating a new defect the new Attribute should show up on the "Custom" tab. What could go wrong here would be choosing the wrong work item type category or not saving the change. 8-)

If you create a new query for defects, is the custom attribute available in the columns choice list?

If the attribute shows up on the custom tab. I would create the editor presentation. What could go wrong here is that you could pick the wrong editor presentation in the choice list. Make sure you have picked the one that is associated to the defect workitem type in the editor presentation binding. In case you don't want the custom attribute on all the types bound to the editor presentation you might also want to duplicate the presentation and change the binding of the new changes presentation to the specific type you are enhancing.

I did this myself recently and it works as a charm.

Ralph

permanent link
Shane Parkinson (51197) | answered Sep 08 '09, 3:00 a.m.
Well after working through some user issues and getting put on the appropriate course by support I discovered that the change I was making was at the template level not the project configuration level.

After this was pointed out, the light went on :oops: and things really started to happen.

So I have no successfully created my new field and I also created the todo workitem as described in the article.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.