It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add users and roles in child team area using plain java API

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Aug 01 '13, 4:44 p.m.
 Is it possible to add users and roles in child team area? My code currently can add users and roles in team areas but how can I add them in child team area.
ITeamArea TA = (ITeamArea)teamRepository.itemManager().fetchCompleteItem(newTAHandle,ItemManager.DEFAULT,monitor);
 IContributor contributor = teamRepository.contributorManager().fetchContributorByUserId(members,monitor);
 ArrayList roles  = getTeamRoleName(projectArea,member_roles);
 IProcessAreaWorkingCopy areaWc = (IProcessAreaWorkingCopy)service.getWorkingCopyManager().createPrivateWorkingCopy(TA);  
 areaWc.getTeam().addContributorsSettingRoleCast( new IContributor[] {contributor}, new IRole[] {roles})); 
 areaWc.save(null);

I was trying to find the hierarchy stuff, but then not finding the option of adding contributors to child team area.
IProjectArea workinCopyProjectArea = (IProjectArea) projectArea.getWorkingCopy();
ITeamAreaHierarchy teamAreaHierarchy = (TeamAreaHierarchy) workinCopyProjectArea.getTeamAreaHierarchy();

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 02 '13, 1:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You get the ITeamArea of the sub team and use the same API you use for the top level team area.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 02 '13, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.