It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use a gantt chart in RTC?

Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | asked Nov 16 '16, 10:23 a.m.
We have an RTC project area based on formal project management template.
I want to know how to use MPP like gantt chart capability in RTC. I know there is a work breakdown view in RTC plan but want to know what are the factors that construct that view, i.e what are the fields that need to be selected in Plan item and its child tasks, how does a work item state contributes to it and what kind of links has to be setup between tasks to create dependencies.

Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 17 '16, 3:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Some hints:
  • https://jazz.net/library/article/657/
  • https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_traditional_process_temp.html
Rohit Rishabh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rohit Rishabh commented Nov 17 '16, 12:13 p.m. | edited Nov 17 '16, 1:42 p.m.

Thanks Ralph, it helped.

PS: I am using FF 38.1 and not able to add a reply to an existing comment, I wanted to reply on your answer using "Comment on this answer" and jazz.net is adding it as a new answer. I have been noticing this behavior for past few days, not sure of other noticed the same.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 17 '16, 12:53 p.m. | edited Nov 17 '16, 12:53 p.m.

Sometimes my FF gets totally confused and I can not login to Jazz.net and all kind of problems. Then I have to delete the complete history. This helped in the past.....

Currently I moved to Crome since I have a hard time with FF as well.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 17 '16, 1:43 p.m.

I have also found that Chrome worked better.  My version of Firefox has just upgraded itself, so we'll see if that makes the problem better or worse (:-).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.