It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to copy the contents of one column to another in the DOORSNG

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Nov 12 '16, 11:13 p.m.
 Is there any way to copy the contents of one column to another in the DOORSNG?

3 answers

permanent link
Alex Ivanov (713) | answered Nov 13 '16, 12:07 a.m.
Good Q, I know you can export the contents to excel and the import back in after changing the name of the column (keeping the Id as the identifier based on which to update the attributes), but this isn't as slick as the DOORS 9 Tools > Functions > Copy Attributes

permanent link
lakshmi shree (571343) | answered Nov 13 '16, 1:47 a.m.
Hi Alex...thanks. Actually i was trying this becuase i wanted the Req ID first and then the primary text itself in the word export which is generated from DOORS NG. By default DNG always gives the primary text first and then the req ID, followed by the arttributes . Is it possible to alter the order of this table

permanent link
Alex Ivanov (713) | answered Nov 13 '16, 3:33 p.m.
For exporting to word you are limited to what comes out of the box, however you can do just about anything you want if you are using Rational Publishing Engine (RPE). Someone would have to create the template(s) for you where you can specify the order and just about anything else. For excel specifically I know you have much more control simply by rearranging the columns in your view and then when you export it comes out in which ever order you have it on the screen.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.