It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why won't the heading numbers show up in the contents column in a module after import using parentBinding?

ben stout (1719) | asked Nov 09 '16, 11:45 a.m.
I am trying to import a spreadsheet into a DNG module using the parentBinding special field, but upon import I can only see the little arrows indicating hierarchy, the sections numbers do not show up.  When I then try to 'set as heading or content' and choose Heading row under more options, it will add the section number for a brief second and then give me error message "CRRRW7740E: While a row was being changed to or from a heading, an error occurred. A few of the selected rows might not have been changed. Check for rows that have not been changed and try to change them again. If the problem persists, the server might be experiencing issues. Ask your administrator to check the server status."

I am using 6.0.2 with the latest ifix applied, but still get the issue.  However, if I go to the contents folder and click the pencil to edit that column, I am then able to change the header to the header row and the section number will appear and stay without the error message. The problem with that of course is that I have to go through one by one and do that process.

I'm hoping I am just missing something or perhaps this is a known bug?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alex Ivanov (713) | answered Nov 09 '16, 1:01 p.m.
Do you have the isHeading column in your excel spreadsheet with a value of True for those that you wish to be picked up as headers? This might be the missing piece.
ben stout selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
ben stout commented Nov 09 '16, 1:31 p.m.

Thank you sir! I thought calling them out via artifact type would be sufficient, but adding this column makes it work!

2 other answers

permanent link
Alex Ivanov (713) | answered Nov 09 '16, 1:37 p.m.
Glad that was it (this marks the 1st answer I've provided on this forum, certainly not the last). In general I would say if you create a view in your module and export it out from DNG it will give you the fields you want to be aware of when importing.

permanent link
Richard Good (872158) | answered Mar 22 '18, 12:24 p.m.
edited Mar 22 '18, 12:28 p.m.

Didn't work for me. Seem to avoid an error when selecting to import into a folder, here a module is created with the correct entries accept all Headings are normal rows

When I try to import into a module I get errors complaining the module type is not in text format and nothing happens

Weird!

Comments
Richard Good commented Apr 10 '18, 12:56 p.m.

Other errors/ misreads were obscuring muy issue, I sorted it, but the isHeading column is very picky, would be better if it processed as blank for False and non blank for True in some ways. 

Note that you have to be careful that the isHeading column contains True and not "True", note quotes or it doesn't work

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.