It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get created by value of IBuildEngine ?

varathan anandaraj (8512) | asked Nov 03 '16, 2:44 a.m.

I want to get Created by and Date value of buildEngine.

Is there any Java API to get show history of Build Engine?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 03 '16, 4:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can't see anything that would point to the fact that this data would be stored anywhere.
For all I can see there is no property or access method for any of the data you request.

public interface IBuildEngine extends IBuildEngineHandle, IAuditable, IBuildItem

you can try to use the IAuditable interface if the history is stored but I don't even see a reason why anyone would want that.
    /**
     * Returns the primary predecessor state of this auditable item state. The
     * predecessor state is another state of the same audtiable item. When
     * IRepositoryItemService.fetchAllStates(IAuditableHandle) is
     * used to retrieve all the known states of the item, the predecessor (and
     * merge predecessor) states of each state can be used to construct the
     * version graph.

* The initial state of an item has no predecessor state. *

* * @return the predecessor state, or null if none * @ShortOp This is a short operation; it may block only momentarily; safe * to call from a responsive thread. */ public IAuditableHandle getPredecessorState(); /** * Returns the secondary merge predecessor state of this auditable item * state. The merge predecessor state is another state of the same auditable * item, and is always used in conjuction with the main predecessor state. * When IRepositoryItemService.fetchAllStates(IAuditableHandle) * is used to retrieve all the known states of the item, the predecessor * (and merge predecessor) states of each state can be used to construct the * version graph. *

* The initial state of an item has no predecessor state. *

* Design note: Without loss of generality, 0..2 predecessors is sufficient. * Most states have exactly 1 predecessor. The initial state has 0 * predecessors. And a state that comes about from a 3-way merge has 2 * predecessors, tops. *

* * @return the merge predecessor state, or null if none * @ShortOp This is a short operation; it may block only momentarily; safe * to call from a responsive thread. */ public IAuditableHandle getMergePredecessorState();

Comments
varathan anandaraj commented Nov 03 '16, 6:00 a.m.

getPredecessorState and getMergePredecessorState  returning null . So I could not get history .

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 03 '16, 6:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As I mentioned above, I don't think anyone would have considered the build engine definition to be something that you want to keep versions or histories about.

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Nov 03 '16, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use IItemManager.fetchAllStateHandles to get the history of an IAuditableItem.

/**
     * Retrieves the full history of the given auditable item. The auditable
     * item states retrieved as part of the resulting history object are
     * complete states. The operation fails if the client is not logged in to
     * the repository.

* The item states in the result are considered immutable. The client must * not attempt to modify any of these item states. *

* * @param itemHandle * the auditable handle; must not be null * @param monitor * a progress monitor, or null if progress * reporting is not desired * @return the history of the auditable containing all states (element type: * {@link IAuditableHandle}) of the given item known to the * repository; never null * @throws NotLoggedInException * if the operation fails because the client was not logged in * to the repository * @throws ItemNotFoundException * if the item was not found * @throws TeamRepositoryException * if the operation fails for any other reason * @throws OperationCanceledException * if the operation is canceled. Cancellation can occur even if * no progress monitor is provided. * @LongOp This is a long operation; it may block indefinitely; must not be * called from a responsive thread. */ public List fetchAllStateHandles(IAuditableHandle itemHandle, IProgressMonitor monitor) throws TeamRepositoryException;

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.