It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Impact on the RTC Java Scripting API, when migrating from CLM ver 5 to 6.0.2

Nadra Rafee (45927) | asked Sep 21 '16, 1:40 p.m.
When migrating from CLM ver 5 to 6.0.2, what is the impact on the RTC Java Scripting API methods and libraries?
Do I need to install a specific add-on to make sure the existing scripts still work after the migration?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Sep 22 '16, 1:59 a.m.
They should still work. Please report anything wrong to Support so that they can help you further.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 22 '16, 2:08 a.m. | edited Sep 22 '16, 2:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is only the attribute customization script API that is official API. There are no changes there. Any other JavaScript API is internal and could change. Especially, since you tag it, there is no official SCM JavaScript API I would be aware of.

Nadra Rafee commented Sep 22 '16, 10:36 a.m.

Does the RTC come with a standard list of methods and libraries which may change between different versions (from 5.x to 6.0.2)?

Jonas Studer commented Sep 27 '16, 2:58 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '16, 2:59 a.m.

They wont really support you with Javascript since there are only few official APIs.

I suggest you:
->To work with the Dojo Framework ABOVE 1.7 (Actual Version on the JTS 1.8.X)
--> This gonna be the biggest difference in future Versions. (There's a LOT deprecated)

-> Get the Data: Use the OSLC (REST) API to get the data you'd need.
--> They have a list of changes.

-> Work with the few official APIs from IBM.

-> Work with native Javascript

That way you wont really walk into big errors/problems, since you use official interfaces.
As far as I know the official methods and libraries are only in Java

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.