It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make own widget in RMs catalog?

Simo Suurla (681524) | asked Sep 19 '16, 2:59 a.m.
edited Sep 19 '16, 3:03 a.m.
Hello,

we are intend to create own widget to show external html-content and add it to catalog.

Does anybody know how to make particular the widget XML, in this example site: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsInTheWidgetCatalog601 there is only examples for “catalog entry”.

Not any of widget XML-file examples, as defined in catalog as this:

gadget

No

The URL of the gadget XML. This URL can be either absolute or relative to the location of the widget catalog. The example above implies a directory structure where the hello_world gadget and its images are in a directory that is at the same level as the catalog XML.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 19 '16, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is already a widget for that. It is on the Jazz Team Server and all applications as far as I can tell. the name of the widget is "External content" another one is HTML where you can just edit some HTML.

If you still think you need a custom widget, this might help to get you started:
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/alien-skies-peeking-into-doors-next-extensibility/

Comments
Simo Suurla commented Sep 19 '16, 3:59 a.m.

hi, thank you, I will check your links.

I do not think I can save widget with all in configured in catalog? So you just need add it.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 19 '16, 4:03 a.m.

I fail to understand your statement above.

Simo Suurla commented Sep 19 '16, 4:30 a.m.

As in RTC you can create predefined external html widgets with already defined source URL, name and so on.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 19 '16, 4:44 a.m.

As already mentioned "There is already a widget for that. It is on the Jazz Team Server and all applications as far as I can tell. the name of the widget is "External content" another one is HTML where you can just edit some HTML."

Both Widgets are available to all Jazz Applications and in the JTS and can be used in any kind of dashbiard..

Simo Suurla commented Sep 19 '16, 4:59 a.m.

Yes, that is absolutely right. But you (everyone) have to set, name URL and so on every single time you add the widget from the catalog. 

We need widget with predefined values.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.