It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User exists in LDAP, can't be found by RTC

Daniel Cox (4261168) | asked Aug 24 '09, 5:31 p.m.
I have a user that I can easily find in LDAP by their user ID (email address) using an LDAP search tool. However I can't find that user by searching on their name through RTC. This appears to be an issue that there is a user with the identical CN but a different user ID. Only the first user is shown in the results of my query. I tried this both in the rich and web UI's in both RTC 1.0.1 and 2.0.

Any thoughts?

I am an IBM'er and this is against bluepages so if you get in touch with me I can provide the name that is not working.

6 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 25 '09, 10:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the value of your user properties mapping ? Are you using preferredIdentity to map user id ? Does this user have 2 email addressed in LDAP directory ?

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

I have a user that I can easily find in LDAP by their user ID (email address) using an LDAP search tool. However I can't find that user by searching on their name through RTC. This appears to be an issue that there is a user with the identical CN but a different user ID. Only the first user is shown in the results of my query. I tried this both in the rich and web UI's in both RTC 1.0.1 and 2.0.

Any thoughts?

I am an IBM'er and this is against bluepages so if you get in touch with me I can provide the name that is not working.

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Aug 25 '09, 5:41 p.m.
What is the value of your user properties mapping ?

userId=preferredIdentity,name=cn,emailAddress=preferredIdentity

Are you using preferredIdentity to map user id ?

Yes

Does this user have 2 email addressed in LDAP directory ?

No

I don't think disclosing the email address here should be an issue - it is ronghy at cn.ibm.com

permanent link
Alasdair Nottingham (611610) | answered Aug 26 '09, 12:14 p.m.
I'm having the same problem (at least from an external perspective). I have duplicated the configuration from a RTC 1.0.1 server and I the server has been restarted, but the import wizard cannot see users.

In addition when viewing an existing user it does not show which groups the user is in, which also indicates something is wrong.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

permanent link
Alasdair Nottingham (611610) | answered Aug 26 '09, 12:26 p.m.
I'm having the same problem (at least from an external perspective). I have duplicated the configuration from a RTC 1.0.1 server and I the server has been restarted, but the import wizard cannot see users.

In addition when viewing an existing user it does not show which groups the user is in, which also indicates something is wrong.

I just solved my problem. I needed to set:

com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP

in teamserver.properties. The default is DETECT.

From the Web UI in Advanced Properties look for the bit titled:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.ExternalUserRegistryService

and change User Registry Type to LDAP.

Alasdair

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 27 '09, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Daniel,

If you have not resolved your issue, ping me and I will take a look at your configuration.

--- Balaji

I just solved my problem. I needed to set:

com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP

in teamserver.properties. The default is DETECT.

From the Web UI in Advanced Properties look for the bit titled:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.ExternalUserRegistryService

and change User Registry Type to LDAP.

Alasdair

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Sep 01 '09, 6:16 p.m.
In case anyone runs across this thread - the end solution to my problem was operator error :(. Always remember to check your archived users for someone with the same user ID. In my case it was even worse - the user had been added and archived at some point in the past, so it wasn't a new user that happened to have the same ID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.