It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP integration - email not present

Angelo Corna (26358383) | asked Aug 21 '09, 10:37 a.m.
I've configured the LDAP authentication of my jazz server (Standard edition 2.0) following the documentation instructions.
I'm now able to import user from LDAP and I'm able to login with them.
Unfortunately, on my LDAP, there isn't the user email information.
On this situation the LDAP nightly sync task show me some warnings regarding the user with empty email field and is not able to import the new users added to jazz groups.
Is there the possibility to populate this field in other mode during the LDAP nightly sync task?
Or is there the possibility to exclude the check on email field?

Thanks in advance.

7 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 21 '09, 4:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Opened WI https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/90933 to address this issue.

--- Balaji

I've configured the LDAP authentication of my jazz server (Standard edition 2.0) following the documentation instructions.
On this situation the LDAP nightly sync task show me some warnings regarding the user with empty email field and is not able to import the new users added to jazz groups.
Is there the possibility to populate this field in other mode during the LDAP nightly sync task?

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 25 '09, 11:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Added support for performing nightly sync without email address. If email address is not present in LDAP, perform the following steps to manage name, user id and group membership in LDAP (email will be managed by Jazz repository).

1. Run Repotools -syncUsers to sync the users in LDAP with Jazz repo (This is a on-demand sync tool to synchronize users with ldap...similar to the nightly sync task that runs at 1AM every day)

2. Run repotools -exportUsers to export the list of users in a csv file.

3. Fix the email address value in the csv file.

4. Run repotools -importUser fromFile=users.csv to update the email addres value of the users

Now the users email address field is present in the Jazz repository. Subsequent nightly sync will NOT null out the email address field.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Opened WI https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/90933 to address this issue.

--- Balaji

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Yanzhuang Li (31134126) | answered Oct 02 '09, 3:46 p.m.
Good to know this!!!

One of my projects have 100 users and 12 of them show email address 'unknown'. I have worked with Rational Support for 2 weeks and was told there is no workaround.

After export and modify the csv file, may I delete the entries that are good and only import back what I want to fix? I think this may have less impact to the repository. Any comment? Thanks.

permanent link
Yanzhuang Li (31134126) | answered Oct 02 '09, 4:26 p.m.
One more question - does this approach work for RQM1.0.1.1?

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 06 '09, 12:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, you can delete the entries that are good and import the entries that need to be fixed.

Even if you don't delete it, it will skip those entries because the data to be imported is same as the user information present in the repository.

--- Balaji

One more question - does this approach work for RQM1.0.1.1?

permanent link
Yanzhuang Li (31134126) | answered Oct 06 '09, 1:51 p.m.
Thanks, Balaji.

Is this available in RQM2.0 or RQM1.0.1.1? I had a quick test last Friday, but got errors like https://localhost:9443 is not acessible. I'm not using "localhost" to access RQM web, not using port 9443 (I use 443 instead).

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 06 '09, 5:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I added this feature (skip email address if not present in LDAP) in Foundation 1.0.0.1.

RTC 2.0.0.1 is based on Foundation 1.0.0.1. So, the feature will be available in RTC 2.0.0.1.

I am not sure about RQM releases. Maybe someone from RQM team can answer it. I would hope RQM 2.0.0.1 is based on RTC 2.0.0.1 builds.

--- Balaji

Thanks, Balaji.

Is this available in RQM2.0 or RQM1.0.1.1? I had a quick test last Friday, but got errors like https://localhost:9443 is not acessible. I'm not using "localhost" to access RQM web, not using port 9443 (I use 443 instead).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.