It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set a value in RTC Work Item during import from ClearQuest

Jim Tompkins (19317) | asked Aug 16 '16, 9:20 a.m.

I am migrating records from CQ to RTC using the RTC import tool.  I have created a mapping file.  I have modified the mapping file to match the CQ and RTC WI schemas.  That appears to be working.  When I attempt to import the records, I get an error indicating some of the required fields in RTC have not been set.  Our RTC schema has several fields which are required on submit.  These fields do not map to any fields in the CQ schema. 

How do I set the value of these fields in the mapping file?  I have tried various combinations of values in the mapping file without success.  I need to set the target value in the RTC WI, which does not have a corresponding source field in CQ.

Thanks in advance for your help.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 16 '16, 10:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, you can't set these values. You can switch the required attributes of for the import (e.g. use a special role).

Comments
Jim Tompkins commented Aug 18 '16, 9:49 a.m.

Thanks for the response.  Hopefully someone knows for sure if values can be set during the import.  Modifying the requiredness of the fields during the import is a possibility but it is messy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.