It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Closed] RQM EXCEL Importing(Test Plan, Test case and Test suits)

Kumar Kumar (6427) | asked Aug 08 '16, 6:17 p.m.
edited Sep 01 '16, 11:38 p.m.
 Hello,
I need to import Test plan, Test cases and Test suits from Excel sheet to RQM.
I found RQM Utility and have installed the RQM addons to Excel.
I am not able to find the format of Excel sheet to be maintained to import it in to RQM.
Could anyone please help me with it,

Thanks,

Regards,
Chethan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 08 '16, 6:57 p.m.
Hi, Chethan

The best way to start with is to try with the samples coming with ExcelImporter installation. you can go to installed directory and locate those xls and cfg files under Samples folder.
There are plenty of samples there to import test plan, test cases and test suites.
Once you get familiar with the results and format, you can then borrow the samples and try on your own excel files as well as cfg files, surely it is a lot of discussions and samples in this forum as well.
If you have any further questions with your own excel and cfg files, then provide the contents in a forum post with the result you got and the version(both RQM and RQMExcelImporter) you tested with so that our community can help you further.

Thanks
Kumar Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kumar Kumar commented Aug 09 '16, 12:48 a.m.

Hello Yang,
It was very useful. I am able to import Testplans with test case into RQM. Testsuite Import throw-ed error. I want to prepare a template where under single test plan multiple test cases and test suits are grouped. Importing into ALM as a part of single test plan.

Could you please support me for the same.

Thanks,
Regards,
Chethan Kumar R

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.