It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not select Test Suite Execution Record or Test Suite Result when choosing artifacts in Report Builder

Markus Farnung (141117) | asked Jul 20 '16, 10:08 a.m.
In the Report Builder I want to create a report which shows me the Test Suite Execution Records or the Test Suite Results in context of a certain Test Plan.
But in the Choose artifacts dialog I cannot select Test Suite Execution Record or Test Suite Result as a thing to start the report with.
How can I create reports with Test Suite Execution Records or Test Suite Results?

Comments
Michael Triantafelow commented Jul 21 '16, 9:43 a.m.

I just tried this out and I didn't have any issue with selecting these.  What version are you using?

3 answers

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Jul 21 '16, 10:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marcus,

Depending on the version you are using, you should be able to create a new report using the LQE data source and get the artifacts shown by Michael in his comment.  If you are using the data warehouse data source, those artifacts are not available in 6.0.2.  Version 6.0.3 includes Test Suite Execution Record, there are not immediate plans to include Results.  If you need that information in your report, you could use the Advanced SQL option to join the results table.

LQE has this information ready, so it would be the best option.

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Comments
Markus Farnung commented Jul 21 '16, 10:32 a.m.

Hi all,

thank you for your help.
We are working with 6.0.1. There a lot of options of the screenshot above are missing.
So is it correct, that Test Suite Execution Record and Test Suite Result have been added in a later version?

Regards
Markus Farnung

permanent link
Jeff Hoellein (1115) | answered Jan 18 '17, 6:03 p.m.

Clara-
Do you have an example of the Advanced SQL option to get the results table? I too would like to see the execution record and the results. 

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Jan 19 '17, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jeff,

I used Report Builder to create a report linking Test Suites and Test Execution Records, then I manually edited it to add the Test Suite Results (T4).  I added a few fields, but you can of course add more or remove the ones you don't need.  This is just an example of how the result records can be included in the report:

SELECT DISTINCT T1.PROJECT_NAME,
       T1.REFERENCE_ID,
       T1.NAME AS URL1_title,
       (CASE WHEN T1.URL IS NULL THEN ' ' ELSE CONCAT(CONCAT(CONCAT(CONCAT(SUBSTR(T1.URL, 1, LOCATE('service', T1.URL, 1)-1), 'oslc_qm/contexts/'), RTRIM(T3.EXTERNAL_KEY2)), '/resources/com.ibm.rqm.planning.VersionedTestSuite/'), T1.EXTERNAL_KEY2) END) AS URL1,
       T2.REFERENCE_ID AS REFERENCE_ID1,
       T2.NAME AS URL2_title,
       T2.URL AS URL2,
       T4.START_DATE AS Start_Date,
       T4.TESTSUITELOG_NAME AS Result_Name,
       T4.VERDICT AS Verdict

FROM RIDW.VW_TESTSUITE T1
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTSUITE_EXECUTION_RECORD T2
ON (T1.TESTSUITE_ID = T2.TESTSUITE_ID)
  INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_PROJECT T3
  ON T3.PROJECT_ID=T1.PROJECT_ID
  INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTSUITELOG T4
  ON T4.TESTSUITE_EXECRECORD_ID = T2.TESTSUITE_EXECRECORD_ID

WHERE (T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND T2.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.TESTSUITE_ID <> -1 AND T1.TESTSUITE_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.TESTSUITE_EXECRECORD_ID <> -1 AND T2.TESTSUITE_EXECRECORD_ID IS NOT NULL)

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.