It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Advanced Release Burndown widget, iterations not displaying in iteration selection box

Joe Mayo (847) | asked Jul 13 '16, 5:14 p.m.
We're on RTC 5.0.  On the RTC dashboard I can add a widget for Advanced Release Burndown.  When setting up the query for the widget it allows me to select the timeline and iterations.  However, not all of the iterations are displayed in the Iteration selection box, although they are all defined the same way and have the A release is scheduled for this iteration check box marked.  Reviewing similar questions on this forum I found this question and answer, https://jazz.net/forum/questions/208473/why-does-the-parameter-list-for-the-story-points-viewlet-not-include-all-iterations
  which indicates that at least one story needs to be assigned to an iteration for it to show up in the selection box.  However, this seems to be counter to Agile, since I didn't think stories were assigned to iterations until iteration planning meetings, at that time stories are assigned to the current iteration.  Is there a better way for me to use this report (widget) without having to artificially assign stories to iterations?  Doing that would also mess up the plan views that I use.

Thanks,
Joe

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 14 '16, 2:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 14 '16, 2:40 a.m.
This has been in 100% of the cases I know of always been due to the fact that there is no data for the parameter value (e.g. the iteration in this case). Reporting does not look at the life data in RTC it looks at the collected result data in the data warehouse. The UI only displays values for data that is in the data warehouse.If an iteration is not in any collected data point it does not show up.

Comments
Joe Mayo commented Jul 14 '16, 8:15 a.m.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Most of that makes sense since the report will need to associate completed stories to iterations.  Is there a way to force iterations to be collected even if there are not any work items currently assigned to them?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 14 '16, 10:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No..........

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.