It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

follow-up-actions is not showing in the RTC eclipse client

vinitha dsouza (14719122) | asked Jun 17 '16, 9:45 a.m.
Hello team

i was setting up RTC client and server on my machine using the link : https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

I followed all the steps in the article

But i am not able to see the follow up action even after adding the operationParticipants .

Any idea what could be the reason ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '16, 10:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The workshop has 176 pages and a numbering system. If you do a step in the workshop, provide the step. Otherwise provide information about what you do.

vinitha dsouza commented Jun 17 '16, 10:27 a.m.

In  the  net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service plugin i have added the operationParticipants extension and also added the required service as it is described in the link

When i go to "Operation Behavior"  i  see "Add" button is disabled in Follow up action .

And i am unable to add any "follow up action "

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '16, 10:51 a.m. | edited Jun 17 '16, 10:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This does not help at all and ignores the requested information unfortunately. Retry whatever step you are doing. Ideally go back to the beginning of that chapter and restart from there.

The workshop is created in a way that does not require you to do any code changes but accept baselines. Also the labs are created so that you learn during debugging how the solution works and is expanded. You have to really carefully follow the steps though.

The only steps where you can actually fail is in the last lab when you deploy on the development server and the Eclipse client. If the last step does not work it is usually a user error.

The workshop has worked for many many users so far, so I have to assume a user error.

One answer

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Jun 17 '16, 11:58 a.m.
Most common scenarios:
- the provisioning was not correct: check the https://yourserver:9443/ccm/admin?internal#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.provisionStatus to see if you plugin have been loaded correctly. If not something is wrong with the provision profile
- the operation id you used on the plugin.xml is incorrect
- you didn't restarted the eclipse client. The process is cached so if you are provisioning new extension you need to restart it.

Michele.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 17 '16, 12:31 p.m.

yeh, point 3, restart eclipse, is the one that catches everyone

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.