It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the status flag S or M in the output of scm show status or history?

Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | asked Jun 03 '16, 4:11 a.m.
edited Jun 03 '16, 5:49 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
What does the status flag S or M mean in the output of scm show status or history?
When running scm show status or history, the status flag show S or M in the output. There is no information in the table status flag in Source control command line reference.

Change Set: (0479) S---$ user1 "<No Comment>" 18-5-2016 11:43
   Change Set: (0479) M---$ user1 "<No Comment>" 18-5-2016 11:43

For exmaple,

lscm show history -v -m 5 /abc/src/abc.sh
Change Set:
(0479) S---$ user1 "<No Comment>" 18-5-2016 11:43
Changes: 
--c- /abc/src/abc.sh
--c- /abc/src/def.sh
Work Item:
(0484) 124761 "abc change work"

Source control command line reference > Status flags
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_6.0.2/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_scm_cli.html

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 03 '16, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe you encountered a merge gap scenario where you created a new change set by accepting/merging changes from another change set.
The new change set created would be marked with "M" (M - I believe stands for Merged) and this change set will be linked to the original change set that you accepted which would be marked with "S" (S stands for Source).

The documentation needs to be updated to reflect it.
Taki Nakajo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Jun 20 '16, 10:16 p.m.
I raised the following new UA Defect 393694 : Documentation update needed to add status flags 'M' and 'S' in the SCM status flags. Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.