It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Java Client Library

evrim dutagaci (112) | asked May 20 '16, 10:07 a.m.
Hi,
I am trying to access RTC from my java application. The api documents are really not good enough to develop a proper code and there is no javadoc either.  So I really need help out here to go further.
I managed to connect RTC and get some basic information about a work item but what I need is a bit more than that. I need the information that we can access with RTC UI on build request page, like Deployment description, References ext. Could some one please help me how I can get that information.

3 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k12254) | answered May 20 '16, 10:43 a.m.
Hi Evrim,

If you are not already refereed the below link, I would request you to refer.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/what-apis-are-available-for-rtc-and-what-can-you-extend/
https://jazz.net/library/article/1229
http://thescmlounge.blogspot.in/

Note: Refer discussion also from the links.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
evrim dutagaci commented May 20 '16, 11:04 a.m. | edited May 22 '16, 9:42 p.m.

Hi Arun,
I am using the below method and getting a null pointer exception when I try to get itemId from build definition, although my work item id is correct.

public static void getBuildRequest(ITeamRepository repo) throws TeamRepositoryException {
        ITeamBuildClient buildClient = (ITeamBuildClient) repo.getClientLibrary(ITeamBuildClient.class);
        / The build definition is easy to get once you know the build ID /
        IBuildDefinition definition = buildClient.getBuildDefinition("313491", null);
        System.out.println("definition.getItemId(): "+ definition.getItemId());
        IBuildResultQueryModel buildResultQueryModel = IBuildResultQueryModel.ROOT;
        IItemQuery query = IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance(buildResultQueryModel);

/ Build up a query filter predicate that accepts a build definition as input to the query and checks for
           any non-personal builds that have a completed state.
/
        IPredicate predicate = (buildResultQueryModel.buildDefinition()._eq(query.newItemHandleArg()))._and(
                buildResultQueryModel.personalBuild()._isFalse())._and(
                        buildResultQueryModel.buildState()._eq(BuildState.COMPLETED.name()));

query.filter(predicate);

/ Order by build start time in descending order /
        query.orderByDsc(buildResultQueryModel.buildStartTime());

/ Query for items using the build definition's item ID as the argument. /
        / Use a smaller page size if possible depending on what is queried. /
        IItemQueryPage queryPage = buildClient.queryItems(query, new Object[] { definition.getItemId() },
                    IQueryService.ITEM_QUERY_MAX_PAGE_SIZE, null);

/ Iterate through the results of this page /

while (queryPage.hasNext()) {
            queryPage = (IItemQueryPage) buildClient.fetchPage(queryPage.getToken(), queryPage.getNextStartPosition(), 1, null);

/ Iterate through each subsequent page. Break out of the loop if finished early. /
        }
    }

and here is the code that let me connect to repo

String repoUri = "https://xxxxx.eu.int:9443/jazz/";

TeamPlatform.startup();
        try {

// Login to the repository using the provided credentials
            if(TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService() != null) {

ITeamRepository repo = TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getTeamRepository(repoUri);
            repo.registerLoginHandler(new ILoginHandler2() {
                @Override
                public ILoginInfo2 challenge(ITeamRepository repo) {
                    String userId = "jhhjkll3"; // Retrieve the userId in a secure way
                    String password = "kkk"; // Retrieve the password in a secure way
                    return new UsernameAndPasswordLoginInfo(userId, password);
                }
            });

repo.login(null);
getBuildRequest(repo);

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (60.5k33643) | answered May 23 '16, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Follow https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ and properly set up your environment for debugging. Note the SDK comes with comments. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/build-artifacts-publishing-and-automated-build-output-management-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ shows some built API.

Finally, the com.ibm.team.build.client.ITeamBuildClient.getBuildDefinition(String, IProgressMonitor) wants the Build Definition ID and not the build ID.

/**
     * Retrieves the build definition with the given id.
     * @param buildDefinitionId
     *            The build definition to retrieve.
     * @param progressMonitor
     *            The progress monitor to track progress on or <code>null</code>
     *            if progress monitoring is not desired.
     * @return The build definition, or <code>null</code> if no build
     *         definition with the given id is found.
     * @throws IllegalArgumentException
     *             If the <code>buildDefinitionId</code> is <code>null</code>.
     * @throws TeamRepositoryException
     *             If an error occurs while accessing the repository.
     */
    public IBuildDefinition getBuildDefinition(String buildDefinitionId, IProgressMonitor progressMonitor)
            throws TeamRepositoryException, IllegalArgumentException;

permanent link
evrim dutagaci (112) | answered May 24 '16, 8:22 a.m.
edited May 24 '16, 8:23 a.m.
Hi Arun,
Thanks for your response, unfortunately I am still struggling to get the information that I need with RTC library. Here is what I really need to get. Could you please help me how can I get that information by using RTC java API. In RTC, we have a custom part in work item which we called Build/Deployment, you can see how it looks like from the screenshot below. Could you please tell me by using which classes I can get the data inside that part?

Thanks & REgards
Evrim

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.