It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0: how to change the asset folder of module to be able to delete a folder?

Nadra Rafee (45527) | asked Apr 22 '16, 12:24 p.m.
DOORS NG 6.0
Trying to delete a folder, I get the error message "CRRRS5607E  This folder cannot be deleted, it is used as an asset folder for Module(s)".
Is there any way to change the asset folder of a module? Is asset folder a module attribute?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 26 '16, 11:54 p.m.
I cannot reproduce the same error when trying to delete a module folder. But why do you want to delete such a folder? Below is the official explanation of error CRRRS5607E
CRRRS5607E
This folder cannot be deleted, it is used as an asset folder for Module(s) : {0}

Explanation
A Folder cannot be deleted when it is being used by a Module as the default Artifact location for any newly created Artifacts in that Module. By default, these Folders take the name : "<Module Name> artifacts".
User response
Delete the Modules that use the folder as a default Artifact location. Once this has been done, you should be able to delete the Folder.
Nadra Rafee selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nadra Rafee commented May 11 '16, 4:40 p.m.

Thank you for the response. I was trying to consolidate 2 modules in one folder.

Donald Nong commented May 12 '16, 1:02 a.m.

In this case, you need to follow these steps.
1. Go to menu Artifact > Browse Artifacts.
2. Navigate to the folder that you want to delete.
3. Select all the artifacts in the folder.
4. From the context menu, choose Move ## Artifacts to the destination folder.
5. Open the consolidated module and add any artifacts as required.
6. Go to menu Module > Browse Module.
7. Select the module to be deleted and choose Delete Artifact. If you get a prompt saying that some artifacts are no longer used in any modules and offer the option to delete them, it means that you did not merge all the requirement artifacts into the consolidated module. You can delete them or just leave them.
8. Delete the folder.

Nadra Rafee commented May 15 '16, 8:39 p.m.

Thank you for your help.

One other answer

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered May 12 '16, 5:15 a.m.

In case someone searches for the original question as posed: you can change a module's asset folder.

In the module artifact, in the right side panel, Module tab, change attribute "Content Folder".

I've had to do this after migration from DOORS to DNG.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.