It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Git integration using Node - debugging ideas?

john norris (20734044) | asked Apr 21 '16, 4:19 a.m.

Hi,

I have raised this issue a few times on the forum and so far had no replies. Basically using RTC 6.0.1 on Mint Linux with RTC client on windows. If I try to clone the git repo via http then it works but no authentication asked for and if I try using client then I get a "302 Found" error in the eclipse log, where authentication is asked for. Same if I try to push.

I have emailed directly to a few of the Jazz developers associated with this integration and no replies.

So my question is how do I go about debugging this? There is nothing going to standard error on the node server. Other than the 302 error there is nothing in the eclipse logs. Nor can I see anything useful in the liberty/servers/clm/logs folder.

I have been on this for several days now and normally I would just have given up and accepted that RTC - Git - Node simply does not work. But I do like RTC and would like to see it working. IBM says it works and so it should work.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 21 '16, 5:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you considered to file a PMR with support or a defect here?

john norris commented Apr 21 '16, 6:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

have raised defect 389266. Have tried emailing Krishna Kishore but no reply.

But would like to know what I am doing wrong and this is becoming very frustrating.

Regards,

John

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 21 '16, 9:51 a.m. | edited Apr 21 '16, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am sure it is frustrating, but you created 5 questions around that question and there is not a single real answer. This kind of tells us that there are not a lot of people that have tried it. And we will keep 5 open questions around the same topic unless someone (usually I) refer 4 questions to a last one and close these 4.

john norris commented Apr 21 '16, 12:01 p.m.

Have to agree with that. I believe that node was only introduced for the git integration in version 6 so it is new. Obviously being first is a double edged sword!

I did hope that as there was such a good tutorial that it would be straightforward...
Hence my email to Krishna who I believe wrote it.
Hopefully he will have time to look at the problem. I am sure I am just doing something incredibly dumb and just need it pointed out.
Regards,
John

john norris commented Apr 28 '16, 8:09 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

just to keep you up to date on this. I do think that the integration with node just does not work. When cloning with http, no authentication is asked for and it clones an empty repo even though there are commits in the server repo.

When I use ssh then the git side works but pushing fails because of the number of defects in the javascript code used by the hooks. And I think because ssh is used to push, the node server does not set up env vars used by the hooks.

I hope a jazz developer can contact me to go through the problems with me. I have contact Krishna directly but no reply.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.