It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TeamPlatform.startup() takes time in Java 8

Surya Raj (17116) | asked Apr 20 '16, 12:33 a.m.
Hello All,
  Using TeamPlatform.startup() in my standalone application works normally in java 1.7 but while exporting jars and executing it under java 1.8, it takes more time in reading (Min 45min). For what reason its taking time and any solution to optimize this problem?

Kindly help me out. Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 20 '16, 2:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest to use the Java JDK/JRE that ships with the RTC Eclipse client, as the Plain Java Client Libraries have been tested with that version. As explained in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/the-day-the-jbe-stood-still/ I have seen issues with using other Java versions than the ones shipped.

Although Java always advertized the version independence, I have seen more often than not that this does not always work.
Surya Raj selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Surya Raj commented Apr 26 '16, 12:30 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for your valuable answer

Sudipto Sarkar commented Feb 23 '17, 5:48 a.m.

My application is using Java Api and its a batch to create workitems on daily basis. I establish a rtc connection in every time 15 minutes. Should TeamPlatform.startup() should also be called or its fine to use it once in the very beginning of the application.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '17, 5:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.