It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you query team areas that a user belongs to in RTC?

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked Apr 12 '16, 1:48 p.m.
I have user that spans multiple team (team areas) in RTC.  Is there an easy way to query the team areas that a user belongs to?

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 12 '16, 2:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/analyzing-a-aroject-areas-members-and-roles-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ section Only Analyze the Process Areas of One User using the API. Otherwise just look at the users allocation to see all RTC project areas and team ares a user is member of.

Comments
Gary Dang commented Apr 12 '16, 2:54 p.m. | edited Apr 12 '16, 8:16 p.m.

thanks Ralph.  I will see if the runtime report will suffice for this project. The link mentions code using API but not REST/OSLC.  Does this mean nothing in REST/OSLC to retrieve this kind of information?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 13 '16, 12:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That only means I have focussed on the Java APIs and have example code for Java.

If someone comes up with an OSLC/REST way, you could use that.

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Apr 12 '16, 4:52 p.m.
If you open the user profile in Eclipse Client, it will list all Team Areas that user belongs to.

User Team Area

Comments
Gary Dang commented Apr 12 '16, 5:44 p.m.

thanks Alexandre, I think we are closer with this answer as this pertains to one specific user.  Is there a way to see a list of users with their associated team areas without having to create complicated report or write code?

Alexandre Stegani commented Apr 12 '16, 6:08 p.m. | edited Apr 12 '16, 6:09 p.m.

Hi Gary,

So also in Eclipse Client if you browse to Open Users, and type an asterisk to list all users, in the front of the user name it will display all the Team Areas the user belongs to.

However I understand this is not very user friendly

Gary Dang commented Apr 13 '16, 2:33 p.m.

hi Alexandre, thanks for this tip.  I am not able to get to this dialog in Eclipse client.  Can you comment?  Is it somewhere in the Team Org tab?

Alexandre Stegani commented Apr 13 '16, 3:08 p.m. | edited Apr 13 '16, 3:08 p.m.

Hi Gary, under the Team Artifacts tab, right click the repository connection and browse to Administer > Open Users...

You must have JazzAdmin permissions.

Gary Dang commented Apr 15 '16, 8:44 a.m.

hi Alexandre, the user accepted this Open User suggestion. Thanks!

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 12 '16, 9:40 p.m.
You can just access the reportable URL to find it out. For example, to show team area for user "deb":
https://clm:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation/teamArea/(name|projectArea/name|teamMembers[userId="deb"]/(name|userId))

Note that you still need to filter the result by eye or using a script - only the team areas that showing the user count. Because the attribute "teamMembers" is multi-valued so we cannot use it to filter teamArea in the URL. I think that's the best we can achieve with the reportable API.

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Apr 14 '16, 4:02 p.m.
thank you all.  I have mentioned all these workarounds to the user and hopefully they are good with it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.