It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC-Jenkins fails to write build label when buidl initiated from RTC

David Arnone (111619) | asked Mar 31 '16, 6:52 p.m.
retagged Jan 30 '18, 4:37 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I have setup up an RTC Jenkins integration using maven.  It the simple compile and test example converting to a maven format.  When I initiate a build from RTC, the jenkins job succeeds and the RTC build result fails with the build label displaying "Jenkins/Hudson build not found!".  When the build is initiated from Jenkins, both results in RTC and Jenkins succeed with the build label showing the Jenkins build number as is expected.  I am using RTC 6.0.1 in WAS Liberty profile, Jenkins 1.652, TeamConcert Jenkins plugin 1.1.9.9, Windows 7 64 bit professional, tomcat 8.0.32, Team Concert native client, maven 3.3.9.  I have this same setup on a Mac which works.  I also have a PMR open on this, 26552,L6Q,000 but I thought I would add this to the forums anyway.

2 answers

permanent link
David Arnone (111619) | answered Apr 01 '16, 1:21 p.m.
I believe I found the answer to issue.  The property com.ibm.rational.connector.hudson.queueOnly should be set to true in the build engine properties.

See work item comment 14.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=320683

I set the property and now it works but it would be appreciated if Spencer Murata or someone on build would verify the solution here.

David

permanent link
Richard Good (872158) | answered Jan 23 '18, 10:37 a.m.

Thanks very much for that comment David, thought buildResultPublisher just didn't work from Jenkins, you see the correct label appear if you monitor it, then it disappears right at the end, teasing you!.

Can't remember seeing mention of that property anywhere apart from here, but it works

without it the buildResultPublisher task just does not work from Jenkins, bit of a massive hole to fall in.

IBM - Can you please update your documentation. The Jenkins build engine should come with this property already on it in my view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.