It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How much gap in application versions is acceptable for cross-repository setup ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9185200) | asked Mar 30 '16, 12:47 p.m.
Hi,
After searching jazz.net for:
  • compatability AND version
  • cross AND server AND version
and reading the sections of 6.0.1 KC regarding creating cross-repository connections ( which makes no mention of versions of the respective end-points ) leaves me with the subject question.

Members of one of our repositories ( 5.0.2 ) has asked that cross-repository communication be established with repository at 6.0.1.  The owners of the other repository have made demands that we get in lock-step with their version and upgrade schedule just to enable cross-server communication citing "compatability issues" with no backing documentation.   I'm aware that 6.0 client is not compatable with 5.0 server.  I'm thinking the OSLC/REST mechanism for cross-repository is more or less version agnostic.

Thoughts ?

Thanks.

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 30 '16, 9:16 p.m.

I dont have a concrete info for that but I saw some info that it depends on the components you are using in the cross-repository such as SCM, some components may have a model change between the different version and it is not compatible. Also because of new GC features in v6.0.1, that could be a problem as well. Hence you may provide more info on what is the purpose for cross-repository communication between 5.0.2 and 6.0.1 so that someone else may comment further.

Kevin Ramer commented Mar 31 '16, 8:22 a.m.

Purpose: relating work items between the endpoints.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.