It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get rank of workitem in a iteration

silencehill wu (5022632) | asked Mar 25 '16, 6:03 a.m.

I want to get and set a workitem attribute 'rank' value in a iteration, but I can not found any rest api to set and get this value. Please give me an advise how I can get/ set workitem  rank value in iteration by rest api.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 27 '16, 5:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that in the database, "rank" is actually an ordering property (i.e. "this work item is ranked after this other work item"), and not an integer value.   The integer rank value for a particular work item depends on which plan you are viewing (i.e. the same work item can have different integer rank values, depending on which plan you are viewing it from).   So when you "set" the integer rank value of a work item in a particular plan, the plan GUI is actually converting that into a modification of the "ranked after" internal property.  

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 25 '16, 7:36 a.m.
as I recall, this value is not yet exposed in any api.

rank is the order in which the workitems appear in the plan.
I am not aware of the api to set the order either.. the Plan api has not been published.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.