It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Connection gets slow with Java 1.8 ?

vinitha dsouza (14719122) | asked Mar 18 '16, 2:21 a.m.
Hello Team

I am working on Java Rtc Plain client libraries ,For Connecting RTC i am using below code ,

teamRepository = TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getTeamRepository(serverName);
  teamRepository.registerLoginHandler(new RTCLoginHandler(User, Password));
teamRepository.login(null);

Connection will be done fast when i am working with java 1.7 version.

Now the  java version we use is 1.8 ,  And to make this RTC connection it takes extremely slow ..

Any hints what could be the reason ..
Please help ?????

Comments
Nate Decker commented Feb 23 '17, 12:05 p.m.

I just want to add my own experience that we observed the same thing. We developed a tool that would add timesheet entries to work items in RTC. The tool worked pretty quickly on a machine running Java 7, but when we upgraded to Java 8 there was a noticeable decrease in performance. It was something on the order of 5 seconds under Java 7 versus a minute or possibly even two under Java 8.

We could not discern any cause for this or a resolution. I ended up adding a warning to the tool to notify the user that performance might be slower.

That being said, I recently upgrade the Plain Client library used for that Java program to 6.0.1 to account for our server instance being upgraded and I didn't notice the same delay that I had in the past. Perhaps that has helped.

Our environment may be special as well. We have aggressive enterprise McAfee settings. Perhaps Java 7 folders were excluded, but Java 8 were not. That might also explain why recent performance is better: potential new scanning rules.

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Mar 18 '16, 11:31 a.m.
How many tests you run to get that conclusion? It doesn't make sense for me, testing my local environment I couldn't found any problem.

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented May 02 '16, 7:40 a.m.

Hello

Our Scripts developed with RTC 4.0.1 Plain Libraries with RTC 5.0.2 Version. Recently we had create new Jars due to upgrade of RTC 5.0.2 to 6.0.1 Version.
During this period we have noticed connection establishment takes more time with JRE 1.8. But when we give -version:1.7 then it has taken shorter time.

Did you have any chance?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.