It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to share a map created in a advisor with a participant?

aastha khatri (22619) | asked Mar 09 '16, 11:54 a.m.
edited Mar 10 '16, 5:00 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
How to share a map created in a advisor with a participant. Basically I have retrieved the old state of Iteration being save in an  advisor and put it in a map. I want to share this map with the participant.How can I do that as in case of workitem I can use additional save parameters but In case of IProcessItem I don't have that.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 10 '16, 5:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Two reminders:
The title of your question should be a question (reasonably concise).
When commenting on an answer, post as a "comment", not as a new answer.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 10 '16, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From my perspective, you should never create such dependencies. All advisors and participants should compute the data they need themselves. If you make assumptions about communication between them, you are likely to get into trouble.

Comments
aastha khatri commented Mar 10 '16, 4:19 a.m. | edited Mar 10 '16, 5:00 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for answering the question. Actually I was doing this because I am not able to retrieve the old state of a Iteration in participant. I tried using predecessor and mergepredecessor state but had no luck. So in the advisor I can retrieve the old state of iteration using the UUID and retrieving from the repository and have new state and old state of the iteration.But I cannot retrieve from the repository in participant as the iteration is already saved .So repository also will have recent update. So I thought of saving the old iteration and new iteration details in a map in advsior and share it with participant.
I have created another post for the question related to retrieving the old state of iteration.

Thanks & Regards,
Aastha

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.