It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Contribution Summary" section of the build result is empty by startTeamBuild

Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | asked Mar 01 '16, 2:20 a.m.
After running a child build with a parent build, when I open the child build result, the "Contribution Summary" section of the build result is empty. How can I set the build log as the build contribution?

<startTeamBuild repositoryAddress="${repositoryAddress}"
    userId="build"
    password="build" 
    engineId="engine1"
    buildDefinitionId="3"
    resultUUIDproperty="Child3BuildResultUUID"
    label="child3 label"
    autoComplete="true"
    verbose="true"
    />

3 answers

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Mar 08 '16, 9:37 p.m.
edited Mar 08 '16, 9:52 p.m.

I have confirmed with develop team and understood we should not use the startTeamBuild to request to Jazz Build Engine. This is why it doesn't work in JBE.

startTeamBuild
The startTeamBuild task runs standalone Rational Team Concertâ„¢ Build without using the Jazz Build Engine.  It can be used to run a build from an existing build request. The lifecycle of this build then will be controlled directly by the script.

The startTeamBuild should use in an external application or an script to run. Refer to this An Stand Alone Ant Build.

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Mar 01 '16, 3:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered Mar 01 '16, 8:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am pretty sure that this is a same symptom with Marco's last comment in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/168949/unable-to-trigger-a-build-with-startteambuild?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F168949%2Funable-to-trigger-a-build-with-startteambuild.

I am also facing this symptom. 

But now the next problem occurs :-(

The main_definition runs about 800ms and reports success afterwards. But in reality, nothing is executed.
When I have a look in the build result, then the "Contribution Summary" section of the build result is empty.

Do you have another advise for me?

Regards,  
Marco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.