It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the service to use for creating the link between the stepresult (test case result) and DOORS requirement?

Carlito V (11156) | asked Feb 05 '16, 9:31 a.m.
We are using a java code for importing testcase, testscript, step,
executionworkitem, executionresult et stepresult.
There are links between DOORS requirements and steps (test script)
stepresult (test case result)

A service "service/com.ibm.rqm.requirement. common.service.
rest. ICalmRequirementRestService/calmRequirementForTestScript" is needed for
creating the link between the steps (test script) and the DOORS requirement.

What is the service to use for
creating the link between the stepresult (test case result) and DOORS requirement?

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 11 '16, 10:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Carlito,

The service/com.ibm.rqm.requirement. common.service.rest. ICalmRequirementRestService/calmRequirementForTestScript API is an internal API and is not supported.  Internal APIs should not be used.  Instead of using internal APIs, you should be using one of the public RQM APIs:

RQM Reportable REST API
RQM OSLC API

However, the RQM Reportable REST API does not support adding links to CCM/RM resources and the RQM OSLC API does not support creating/updating test script step results or adding RM link to test results.

Luiz Almeida commented Nov 17 '18, 9:27 a.m.

Paul,

About your statement that "RQM OSLC API does not support creating/updating test script step result". 
Is this true even with the v2 OSLC specification of RQM?
I'm trying to create a test result using API OSLC and RQM 6.0.4, but I have not been able to create the step result so far.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Feb 09 '16, 1:02 a.m.
There is no dedicated service to create a link between Step Results and DOORS Requirements. 
The links can be created between a Requirement Artifact and (Test Case / Test Script Step ). 

The Test Step associated with Test Case Result actually show the link for the requirement which was already associated with the Test Script Step at the time of execution the Step. It just shows there as part of the test result because steps are shown in the test result. So link is actually still associated with the Step only, not with the result. 

I guess, if you check from DOORS side, it would show only a "validated by" type of link connected to test script step, there would not be any link to Test Result shown from the DOORS side.

Comments
Carlito V commented Feb 09 '16, 10:53 a.m.

Why does the link not autonmatically created when we execute a PUT command on the execution result object?
I can understand that the link for the requirement is on the step but how to create the link manually (step-stepresult)?
As the links are added on the step, RQM should be able to display them in the step result ...

Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 16 '16, 7:03 a.m.

Hi Carlito,

As Abhishek mentioned, the step result does not contain the requirement link.  The requirement link is stored in the script step.  This is the way the resources are modeled.  You can confirm this by checking the resource shape for both resources.  That said, the RQM UI exposes the requirement link, which is from the test script step.

David MICHEL commented Feb 18 '16, 9:31 a.m.

As for me the requirement link is stored in the script step. My scenario to explain my opinion is:
- test script with one requirement link in step 1
- execution of this test script => the display of the result, I see the requirement link in step1
one requirement on the first result

- Now I modify the test script and I add a new requirement on the step 1. So there is 2 requirement link on the step 1
- I have executed again this test script => the display of the result, I see 2 requirement link in step1
Two requirement on the step

if for 2 results the list of requirement is different for the same test script, the requirement link is not stored in the step result ?

David MICHEL commented Feb 18 '16, 11:14 a.m.

Sorry I can modify my comment:
I want to modify my first line: I think the requirement link is stored in the test script result and not only the step of a test script.

Moreover I precise that the information shown in the result n°197 is the same after the second execution. I always see only 1 requirement link.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Feb 23 '16, 2:16 p.m.

Hi David,

Our answers are in context of the RQM OSLC API (and also apply to the only other public REST API, RQM Reportable REST API).  The internal RQM implementation models these relationships differently.

David MICHEL commented Mar 04 '16, 12:55 a.m.

Hi Paul,
    Thank for your return.
Our customer want to create (via java code) a Test result with requirement link and defect link. At the moment he use in unofficial way with

https://@serveurRQM/qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.service.rest.ITestcaseExecutionRecordRestService/executeDTO

Should you have a advise to create test result with link in using official way or is it impossible ?
Could we use the jar of RQMExecution tool ?

Best regards

Paul Slauenwhite commented Mar 04 '16, 9:30 a.m.

Hi David,

Internal APIs should not be used.

Requirements cannot be associated to test results however change requests (or defects) can using the oslc_qm:affectedByChangeRequest property (see http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/QmSpecificationV2#Resource_TestResult).

The RQM Execution Tool cannot be used for this purpose.

I would suggest to open a RQM RFE.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.