It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0 / ClearQuest Integration?

Eric Smyth (3643) | asked Aug 05 '09, 4:32 p.m.
Does anyone have any information on how this can be done. I was able to connect RQM 1.0.1 to ClearQuest using the ClearQuest connector, but I am getting licensing error messages when attempting to do this with RQM 2.0. Any help would be appreciated.

14 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Aug 05 '09, 4:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Where are you seeing error messages, and what exactly are the messages?

Does anyone have any information on how this can be done. I was able to connect RQM 1.0.1 to ClearQuest using the ClearQuest connector, but I am getting licensing error messages when attempting to do this with RQM 2.0. Any help would be appreciated.

permanent link
Eric Smyth (3643) | answered Aug 05 '09, 4:56 p.m.

John, I am getting an error message that is telling me that we do not have a valid license for the CQ Connector user. The license it is looking for is the CQ-Connector licence, which does not come with RQM 2.0. I believe this license is available with RTC 2.0, but it is not available in RQM 2.0. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Aug 05 '09, 5:18 p.m.
Are you trying to use the setup wizard? If so, you need to let it know that the CQ Connector user account will be using a "non-RTC" license (that is, an equivalent license defined by RQM). If you look in the cqconnector.properties file, you should see this text:

# The Jazz user must be assigned a Client Access License (CAL) which allows connector operations.
# This CAL is checked for in the setup wizard. If using some product other than RTC,
# specify the CAL to check for in the jazz.cal property. For example, this could be used with RQM:
# jazz.cal=com.ibm.rqm.functional

So you would uncomment that last line. If you are not using the setup wizard, then please let us know just what you are doing, and where you are seeing the error message.

John, I am getting an error message that is telling me that we do not have a valid license for the CQ Connector user. The license it is looking for is the CQ-Connector licence, which does not come with RQM 2.0. I believe this license is available with RTC 2.0, but it is not available in RQM 2.0. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

permanent link
Eric Smyth (3643) | answered Aug 06 '09, 1:18 p.m.
Are you trying to use the setup wizard? If so, you need to let it know that the CQ Connector user account will be using a "non-RTC" license (that is, an equivalent license defined by RQM). If you look in the cqconnector.properties file, you should see this text:

# The Jazz user must be assigned a Client Access License (CAL) which allows connector operations.
# This CAL is checked for in the setup wizard. If using some product other than RTC,
# specify the CAL to check for in the jazz.cal property. For example, this could be used with RQM:
# jazz.cal=com.ibm.rqm.functional

So you would uncomment that last line. If you are not using the setup wizard, then please let us know just what you are doing, and where you are seeing the error message.

John, Thanks for the information. We were trying to configure the Connector using the setup wizard. I did not see the comment in the properties file. I'll try that and let you know if that resolved the error. Thanks for your help.

permanent link
Doug Victor (21) | answered Aug 10 '09, 3:07 p.m.
Hello,

Maybe you guys can give me a hand with my integration problem. I think I have the CQ connector gateway set up correctly but the syncing is not working.

In RTC I am doing a Synchronize Out and the synchronization status shows Pending (blocked). I have the following message:
Incoming at 8/10/09 2:39:11 PM EDT
Error occurred:

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

The other interesting thing is when I go to the http://localhost:8081/cqconnector/gateway site, sometimes I see information on this page like it should show and sometimes the page is empty and I'm looking at a white screen in the browser. Seems kinda odd.

I have the same username and password in RTC, RQM and the CQ connector properties file.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks
-Doug

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Aug 10 '09, 3:57 p.m.
Make sure that the URL you entered for "Connection info" in the External Repository Connection that you see in the Synchronization Rules view is correct, relative to the RQM server machine. For example, you said you entered the gateway URL using "localhost" as the host name in a browser, but if the CQ Gateway is not running on the same machine as the RQM server, then "localhost" won't work. You should be able to copy the URL from the External Repository Connection and paste it into a browser that is running on the RQM server machine, and be able to connect to the CQ Gateway.

The problem with the occasional blank status display is known, and will be fixed in 2.0.0.1. It doesn't affect syncing, just the status display. (The work item is https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/86437)

Hello,

Maybe you guys can give me a hand with my integration problem. I think I have the CQ connector gateway set up correctly but the syncing is not working.

In RTC I am doing a Synchronize Out and the synchronization status shows Pending (blocked). I have the following message:
Error occurred:

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

The other interesting thing is when I go to the http://localhost:8081/cqconnector/gateway site, sometimes I see information on this page like it should show and sometimes the page is empty and I'm looking at a white screen in the browser. Seems kinda odd.

I have the same username and password in RTC, RQM and the CQ connector properties file.

Thanks
-Doug

permanent link
Doug Victor (21) | answered Aug 10 '09, 4:59 p.m.
John -
Thanks for writing back. I changed my External Repository as you suggested but I am now getting a different error.

My setup is RTC, CQ and CQ Connector running on the same machine. RQM (and the Jazz server) on a 2nd machine. I updated the connection in the External Repository to be the IP address of the RTC/CQ box.

I now get the following error in Synchronization Status:
Error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 404
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 404

Thanks again for your help
-Doug

Make sure that the URL you entered for "Connection info" in the External Repository Connection that you see in the Synchronization Rules view is correct, relative to the RQM server machine. For example, you said you entered the gateway URL using "localhost" as the host name in a browser, but if the CQ Gateway is not running on the same machine as the RQM server, then "localhost" won't work. You should be able to copy the URL from the External Repository Connection and paste it into a browser that is running on the RQM server machine, and be able to connect to the CQ Gateway.

The problem with the occasional blank status display is known, and will be fixed in 2.0.0.1. It doesn't affect syncing, just the status display. (The work item is https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/86437)

Hello,

Error occurred:

Thanks
-Doug

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Aug 10 '09, 7:37 p.m.
There may be more information in the log file for the CQ gateway. Look at the cqgateway.log file in the gateway/tomcat/logs directory under the installation directory for the gateway, and see if any more information is being logged.

John -
Thanks for writing back. I changed my External Repository as you suggested but I am now getting a different error.

My setup is RTC, CQ and CQ Connector running on the same machine. RQM (and the Jazz server) on a 2nd machine. I updated the connection in the External Repository to be the IP address of the RTC/CQ box.

Error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 404
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 404

-Doug

Hello,

Error occurred:

Thanks
-Doug

permanent link
Doug Victor (21) | answered Aug 11 '09, 1:06 p.m.
No luck so far. I am now trying on another setup. I have RQM, RTC, CQ and the CQ connector all on the same machine. I am using the machines IP address everywhere ( no localhost )

In RTC when I sync out I get the following error:
Error occurred:

The cqgateway log is empty. Any ideas?
Thanks - Doug

There may be more information in the log file for the CQ gateway. Look at the cqgateway.log file in the gateway/tomcat/logs directory under the installation directory for the gateway, and see if any more information is being logged.

John -

Error occurred:

-Doug

Hello,

Error occurred:

Thanks
-Doug

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Aug 12 '09, 10:30 a.m.
Is the cqgateway.log file truly empty (0 bytes)? If so, there must be something unusual in your setup, since there are always some log messages by default (about the server starting up, etc.)

There should be other log files in the same directory; can you look at those and see if there is anything interesting?

Also, you can try turning on debug log levels. Edit the gateway/log4j.properties file to comment out the WARN level, and uncomment the two DEBUG levels, like this:

#log4j.logger.com.ibm.rational.interop.level1=WARN, cqgateway

log4j.logger.com.ibm.rational.interop.level1=DEBUG, cqgateway
log4j.logger.com.ibm.rational.interop.level2=DEBUG, cqgateway

then restart the gateway, and try syncing again.

No luck so far. I am now trying on another setup. I have RQM, RTC, CQ and the CQ connector all on the same machine. I am using the machines IP address everywhere ( no localhost )

In RTC when I sync out I get the following error:
Error occurred:

The cqgateway log is empty. Any ideas?
Thanks - Doug

John -

Error occurred:

-Doug

Hello,

Error occurred:

Thanks
-Doug

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.