It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG import from word doc hangs on extracting artifacts - how to debug

Norman Dignard (356688169) | asked Jan 28 '16, 1:37 p.m.

Running 502 . User is trying to import a small word doc into DNG .  The import appears to stall after the upload stage.

We've tested the import on our testbed (also at 502) and it imports within a few minutes. 

Nothing is recorded in the logs files that I can see.

How can we debug this ?  Sny suggestions?

I'm enabling debug in rm and retrying the import but if I recall from past issues, the imports don't appear to report anything in the logs.   

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 28 '16, 8:58 p.m.
So the same Word document imports fine in one RDNG 5.0.2 environment but not so in the other? It will be quite hard to debug I am afraid.

How about just forget about the debugging, and export the requirements from your testbed into a new Word document and then import into the other environment? You may want to do a test run in the testbed and see if the result is satisfactory.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Jan 29 '16, 2:41 p.m.

While this may be a work-around, it does not address the underlying issue as to why it stalls - hence the debugging.  After a server restart -the import worked.

While a restart may resolve the problem, it is not practical to do restarts during working hours. 

Bas Bekker commented Feb 02 '16, 2:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you can consistenly recreate the upload stalling, create a work item in the DNG repository and attach the document (remove any confidential data of course).

Donald Nong commented Feb 02 '16, 5:50 p.m.

As Norman said in the original post, he could not even reproduce it in the testbed. It only occurred in the production environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.