It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which is the best reporting tool for RTC?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Jan 25 '16, 7:41 p.m.
edited Jan 26 '16, 2:06 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hi,
We are currently analyzing on which will be a good tool to be integrated with RTC for getting details reports on CCM and SCM.

This tool should be easy to use and provide details reports on:
  • Work items
    • Changes to status, field values etc in selected period
    • etc
  • Source Control:
    • Change set activities and detailed report
    • Detailed Build report
Please suggest.

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 26 '16, 5:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Pravin
Take a look at the Jazz Reporting Server version 6.0.1.

Comments
Pravin Patil commented Jan 26 '16, 5:53 p.m.

I assume you are indicating that Jazz reporting Server will address all the reporting requirements I mentioned.

Let me propose this tool and start exploring here in my project...

Thanks!

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 26 '16, 7:07 p.m.

It will cover the Work items piece. And it also has some Build information exposed.
The only piece I did not see exposed was change set activities.
However, we do have dashboard widgets that display change set activity. So that is something else you can look for.

Here are some references for change set activity: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/75991/change-set-activity-widget-not-showing-streams
It appears you have to enable the collection of this SCM data as it is not enabled by default.

Pravin Patil commented Jan 27 '16, 3:40 p.m.

Thanks!

Do you know if it supports a Build report covering:
Build status, Build#, Snapshot Name, changesets included, change sets delivered by, Change sets delivered on, workitem associated with the change set etc

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 27 '16, 3:48 p.m.

A report that includes things like changesets included, workitems, etc is what is in our Build Results.
With your Jazz.net id, you can see an example of our ALM 602 builds here:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.build.viewResult&id=_yFLvRsRZEeWzvt6f455rrQ

This is a listing of all build results for a specific build definition:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.build.viewDefinition&id=_gW-1cIpAEeWgrZPONis3LA

Check out the Build dashboard widgets available such as: Builds, Build Results, Build Status

Pravin Patil commented Jan 27 '16, 4:17 p.m.

Thanks!

The snapshot and widget gives current information and summary. But it becomes difficult if I have to submit a report to System Test Team with changes that went in last 3 days, or changes sets/ work items that went in last week in a particular release for a given date range.
Currently I create report from the build emails we have, but is a tiresome task and hence need a good reporting tool.
I have some reports for CCM created using BIRT, but its not a supported tool by IBM and also is not giving me the build information I am looking for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.