It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I set permissions to change the Filed Against attribute (mspTaskInfo) for tasks imported into RTC from MS Project?

James Palmer (3349) | asked Jan 13 '16, 1:25 p.m.

I'm working with a very large program (~200 people), with many scrum teams (~35ish).

I have imported my MS Project IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) into my IMS Plan within RTC (v5.0.2).  The import worked fine and assigned Filed Against to the Project Area (which owned the IMS Plan).  I attempted to change Filed Against to one of the child teams and got the following error:

Permission Denied. You don't have permission to perform the following actions:

Modify the 'Microsoft Project Task' attribute (modify/mspTaskInfo).

uh... there is no visible attribute called mspTaskInfo that I can find.  How do I set permissions so that I can change Filed Against to something my teams can filter to?

Help! ASAP! I'm afraid I may have bit off more than I can chew with modifying our large project without having understood this "gotcha!"

One answer

permanent link
Chris Clark (11) | answered Nov 11 '20, 3:47 p.m.
"Microsoft Project Task" is a built-in attribute you can view in a query, but cannot otherwise directly access.

The ability to modify it is set in the Permissions menu under "Modify the work item"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.