It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How we can maintain Release wise code in RTC

Atul Kumar (111) | asked Jan 08 '16, 12:47 p.m.
Hi team,
My question is , how can i maintain release wise code in RTC like in GIT we can maintain release code in separate release branch. 

One answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Jan 08 '16, 6:29 p.m.
You would need to create a stream for each release. When you create a new stream, you would also be required to add components to it. You can pick a specific baseline of components and create the Stream. In a typical development environment, whenever your stream is ready for a release, you can create a snapshot for that release and the stream may be renamed to next release. Creating a snapshot can also create baselines for the components in the stream. At any time, if you need to get the stream of a past release, you can create a new stream from a snapshot of that release.

Comments
Atul Kumar commented Jan 29 '16, 2:46 p.m. | edited Jan 29 '16, 5:18 p.m.

Thanks Surya for your reply.

I have some question:-
1.Like In git we can create seprate branch and later in Production issue we can update code od that branch .So in this Senereo how i can maintain release branch in JAzz.

Surya Tripathi commented Jan 29 '16, 3:14 p.m.

RTC does not have the concept of 'branch' but it fully supports sophisticated parallel development. You can go over this article to understand the product better -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/parallel-development-rational-team-concert/

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 29 '16, 5:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would have said:
  RTC does have the concept of a branch, but uses the term "stream".
So, yes, RTC makes it very easy for you to update code from one stream (aka "branch") to another (in RTC, this is called the "deliver" operation).
And I second Surya's advice ... read that article.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.