It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0 Beta - "not authorized to access "

john norris (20733844) | asked Jul 31 '09, 2:40 a.m.
Using the RQM 2.0 Beta. installed and server starts.
Open browser to https://localhost:9443/jazz/web/console/QM.
Reply of "You have successfully logged into Jazz Team Server but you are not authorized to access Rational Quality Manager."
I have gone into setup and enbaled the ADMIN user and created a new user. This user is also not authorised to access RQM.
Could this be a licensing issue - how long does the license last for the beta?
I notice this question has been raised recently but was not successfully answered.
Does anyone have any ideas.

5 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jul 31 '09, 8:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
This certainly sounds like a CAL (Client Access License) issue to me.
Log in to https://<server>:<port>/jazz/admin with a user that has Admin privileges.
Go to "User Management" from the upper navigation bar.
Select your user and you will see "Client Access Licenses" on the right.
Check off "Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager", at a minimum. Add "Test Lab Manager" if you would also like to access that functionality.
You should be all set to log back in to RQM at that point.

The trial license lasts for 60 days, I believe. In the upper right corner of the web UI there will be a message: "Your trial license will expire in XX days".

Hope that helps,
John

Using the RQM 2.0 Beta. installed and server starts.
Open browser to https://localhost:9443/jazz/web/console/QM.
Reply of "You have successfully logged into Jazz Team Server but you are not authorized to access Rational Quality Manager."
I have gone into setup and enbaled the ADMIN user and created a new user. This user is also not authorised to access RQM.
Could this be a licensing issue - how long does the license last for the beta?
I notice this question has been raised recently but was not successfully answered.
Does anyone have any ideas.

permanent link
john norris (20733844) | answered Aug 02 '09, 1:46 a.m.
John,
thanks for this. I am starting to wonder if I downloaded a trial version.
I followed you instructions and have a message of "This Client Access License is disabled: This client access license type is deactivated because the server license key has expired."
So where do I get a server licence key from?
Regards,
John

permanent link
john norris (20733844) | answered Aug 02 '09, 2:26 a.m.
John, just to add. Looking at my server licenses, these expired on 31/07. I installed RQM 2.0 beta earlier in the week so my licenses appeared to last about 3 days. Obviously times are tight at IBM ....

permanent link
john norris (20733844) | answered Aug 02 '09, 2:43 a.m.
I am pretty sure I have not downloaded a trial version but an early access version, which is probbaly for customers who have already purchased.

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 05 '09, 9:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have officially eGA'd (electronic general availability) our 2.0 release. This does include a trial as well.
If you are looking to continue your trial evaluation I would install the 2.0 GA bits which will give you a 60 day trial.
Regards,
John

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.