It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Design management: Define custom design review roles and scopes of review for reviewers

Islam Abdelwahab (115) | asked Dec 04 '15, 4:35 a.m.
edited Dec 04 '15, 4:45 a.m.
 Hello,

I work with rational Design management and we are in the process definition phase.
one of the challenges is that we want to define different rules and scopes while inviting for design review.

for example .. the review scope of a tester is different from an architect or a project leader. also the level of details (or say number of resources to review) shouldn't be the same for all.

is there any way to do so?

Also I can find a section in the project area administration settings named "Process Description" but I can't find tutorials on how to define custom settings there?

One answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Dec 04 '15, 9:37 a.m.
Hi,

Which version of Design Manager are you using/looking at ?
Did you look at the Reviewing models and designs page on the DM knowledge center which describes the various of the review participant roles.
As well, you can assign particular permissions for the reviews operations ie:
 Review Authoring Management  (which controls the review lifecycle)
   and
 Review Feedback Management (which controls the ability to mark resources as reviewed)
See the following page for further details how to Modify permissions for Design Management
If you want finer grained permissions or role scope, I believe we would probably fall into enhancement requests.

Finally, regarding "Process Description", this is a concept coming from CLM (principles described in Managing process descriptions and practices would apply here as well).

Regards,
Francois

Comments
Islam Abdelwahab commented Dec 09 '15, 9:07 a.m. | edited Dec 09 '15, 9:08 a.m.

I use version 5.0.2

The roles that can be set for example 
Review Feedback Management (which controls the ability to mark resources as reviewed) 
are only to give different permissions on the tool but can't guide the reviewer. What I mean is like:

Project Leader: check that the design elements are linked to requirements
Developed : check for naming conventions
and so ...

Regarding Process description. I got from the template that it is only text description. Is that correct?
can I define roles there and assign them to reviewers?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.