It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get IVersionable 'history'

Boaz Nahum (135) | asked Dec 03 '15, 3:28 a.m.
 Given IVersionable (or file/folder/symlink UUID)

How can I get its history in repository - I mean, all the change-sets in repository that contain this specific item.

It is like eclipse 'histroy in repository' just need the list of change-sets, no 'graph' like data structure is needed

Thanks

Boaz

Accepted answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Dec 09 '15, 6:59 p.m.
You can try using this - 

ScmService->getHistoryForVersionable(ServiceHistoryProvider historyProvider, IVersionableHandle versionableHandle, int limit, boolean examineEras, ISynchronizationTimes[] syncTimes,IRepositoryProgressMonitorHandle monitor)

WorkspaceManager manager = (WorkspaceManager) SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(repo);

IScmService service = manager.getServerConfigurationService();

ServiceHistoryProvider historyProvider = ServiceHistoryProvider.FACTORY.create((IWorkspaceHandle) workspace.getContextHandle(), componentHandle);

ChangeHistoryEntry[]  entries = service.getHistoryForVersionable(historyProvider, versionable, 100, true, null, null);
Boaz Nahum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Boaz Nahum commented Dec 14 '15, 4:09 a.m.

Thank you so much Surya

Your answer if very useful. Indeed I get the history entries, but my problem that I got only those in the specified repository workspace/stream.

Is there a way to get the entire file history - something like 'Show all in repository" in eclipse.

Boaz

Surya Tripathi commented Dec 15 '15, 1:27 p.m.

Sure.
Files belong to components. And, in order to get history of a file in component, you will need to provide a context - workspace or stream. A component can be included in more than one stream and these stream can have different set of changesets. Streams are a way to isolate changes of one team from another. When teams modify a file in a component, they are always modifying it in a context - in a workspace or in a stream. I dont think there is such a thing as 'show history in repository'. 

Surya Tripathi commented Dec 15 '15, 3:25 p.m. | edited Dec 15 '15, 3:27 p.m.

Well, yes, the Eclipse client has this feature 'show all in repository'.
I guess, you could query for all changesets in a component and get history in repository.
You can call ScmQueryService.findChangeSets() and set context for workspace as null to widen the scope to repository.
IVersionableHandle file;
IWorkspaceManager manager = SCMPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(repo);       
IChangeSetSearchCriteria criteria = IChangeSetSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
criteria.setComponent(testComponent);
criteria.setOldestFirst(true);
//criteria.setContext(testWorkspace.getContextHandle());
if (file != null) {
      criteria.setItem(file);
}
List<IChangeSetHandle> changesets =  manager.findChangeSets(criteria, IWorkspaceManager.MAX_QUERY_SIZE, monitor);

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.