It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some NDG Usage questions

Rakefet Berger (43215) | asked Nov 16 '15, 9:46 a.m.
 Hi,

I have some DNG Usage question which I couldn't find an answer at the Forum or the Help files:

1. I would like to search a word on a module  - I can't find the search icon and by using Ctrl+F it pop up the find of the  browser find - this option is searching only on part of the module. Is there a search option which will search on all the module artifacts?
  2. Using the speller is not working in the browser (Chrmoe and Explorer) as expected - I don't have the list of suggestion. and ideas? (I can see the suggested using other application on the same browser)
  3. attachment of a file in DNG (like in word) that when user click on it, he can open the attached document Is it possible?  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Nov 16 '15, 2:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Some answers below...

1. I would like to search a word on a module  - I can't find the search icon and by using Ctrl+F it pop up the find of the  browser find - this option is searching only on part of the module. Is there a search option which will search on all the module artifacts?
[dmoul] You can use the quick search in the upper right and limit it in some ways. But I don't see a way to limit it to the current module. I hope someone else will chime in with a more specific answer.

2. Using the speller is not working in the browser (Chrome and Explorer) as expected - I don't have the list of suggestion. and ideas? (I can see the suggested using other application on the same browser)
[dmoul] Hmm. It used to be that Control-right click would bring up the spell checking and some other native browser context menu options. I just tried it on jazz.net, which is currently running a 601 release candidate. I'll ask around.

3. attachment of a file in DNG (like in word) that when user click on it, he can open the attached document Is it possible?  
[dmoul] You can upload an attachment as separate artifact. If you see it in the Artifacts view you will get a rich hover. You can highlight and copy the title, which is a hyperlink. And you can paste that into another RDNG document in-line with other text.  For certain special file types (e.g., PDF) you can add the artifact to a module, and it will show a preview. I believe you can click on it to open in a separate tab.
Rakefet Berger selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Nov 16 '15, 4:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Some additional confirmation / information ...

(1) To search a module, open the module, then use the magnifying glass in the module header on the right side.

(2) I tried control-right click again with artifacts in a module and with separate, individual artifacts (I used Chrome and FireFox). In all cases, I got the squiggly lines under a misspelled word, and control-right click brought up suggested corrections. Note that an artifact must be in edit mode for this to be active.

One other answer

permanent link
Rakefet Berger (43215) | answered Nov 17 '15, 1:07 a.m.
 Thanks for your answer it was helpfull.
You answered all. :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.