It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I programmatically download the correct version of the RTC Client Plain Java library?

Bryan Herman (111) | asked Nov 02 '15, 8:25 p.m.
 I'm on the IBM UrbanCode Deploy team and am looking to use UrbanCode Deploy to automate the deployment of our support bot. The support bot depends on the RTC Client Plain Java library and I don't want to just statically upload it because then every time our RTC server gets upgraded, we'd have to remember to manually download the zip for the new correct version and upload that to our UCD server.

So my question is: Is there a way to programmatically download the version of the client library that is associated with the version of the RTC server at a specific url?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 03 '15, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 03 '15, 2:57 a.m.
As you can see yourself, if you spend the time on looking at it, the URL always looks similar to https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0/RTC-Client-plainJavaLib-6.0.zip

However, I don't think there is a guarantee.

Comments
Bryan Herman commented Nov 03 '15, 8:29 a.m.

Yes, I noticed that before I asked this question, but even using that, I still need a way of programmatically determining what version of RTC server is being used at a given url without using the java lib.

Bryan Herman commented Nov 03 '15, 8:29 a.m.

P.S. Thank you for the quick response.

Bryan Herman commented Nov 03 '15, 10:57 a.m.

Also, that isn't a direct download link. In order to use that, you still have to click a check box and then a button.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.