It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0 : Update list of requirements in folder.

Naveen Tyagi (19769152) | asked Oct 06 '15, 2:33 a.m.
I have a list of requirements objects and i am able to create them in a folder. Now, if i have other list of requirements and i want to update with them with already existing requirements.how can i do this ?.

update means :
Addition of some new requirements.
Removing some  requirements.
making some change in requirements(Updating requirements)

Thanking in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Oct 06 '15, 2:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I'm not understanding your question.  Of course you can add, remove and modify requirements in a folder.  But I'm guessing your question is more than that.  

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Oct 07 '15, 12:03 a.m.

Yes, it is more than that. It is about replacing some set of requirements with other in a folder. I have built a third party tool which will allow user to show list of the requirements from a folder in a table format. i am able to show the requirements but also want to implement :
1) User can delete any requirement from the table.
2) User can add new requirement.
3)user can update(add/remove) links in any perticluar reuirement.
I have implement that all on the GUI side. After that i will store all these requirements in an ArrayList and will change with the requirements already exist in the folder. So next time when any user pull out requirements from that folder must get the updated list of the requirements. :) :)

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 06 '15, 8:04 p.m.
If I understand correctly, you're trying to do this with OSLC API. In this case, the "update" action that you mentioned is quite straightforward if you get the subject right - the subject is "requirement", not "folder" in your case. You can use the PUT operation to modify/update the requirement artifacts.

Let me translate your requests with "requirement" being a subject.
1. Addition of some new requirements - make the containing folder of new requirements as the current folder. This means that <nav:parent> should point to the current folder.
2. Removing some requirements - make the containing folder of some requirements different to the current folder. This means that <nav:parent> should point to a folder different to the current folder.
3. Updating requirements - well, same as above but with changes to other attributes of the requirements.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.