It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create child work items automatically in RTC

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Sep 16 '15, 1:36 a.m.
edited Sep 16 '15, 2:01 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Hi All,

I want to automatically generate child work-item against the Change Request Work item in RTC, while creating Change Request user would select a number of child work-item he want to create then after creating Change Request work item system would wait till the parent Change Request reach to specific state like Approved then RTC should generate email notification to the owner of that child change request work item and owner will start the workflow of child change request work item.

I hope u have clearly written my problem, kindly help me out to implement such requirement in my RTC customization work.

Regards,
SAJJAD

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 16 '15, 3:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 16 '15, 3:24 a.m.
This can be done by a capable Java developer by creating a follow up action. It is not doable with JavaScript.

There is a steep learning curve involved, if you haven't done Eclipse extensions and even if you have.

Here some hints how to start. Read https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ and perform the workshop that is linked inside.

Look at the examples for participants provided on https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=participant and also search fr how links are created on that blog.

The code to create a work item in a participant is
IWorkItem newTargetWorkItem = IWorkItemServer.createWorkItem2(IWorkItemType targetWorkItemType);

Set the required attributes.....

// Additional parameter to avoid recursion
Set additionalParams = new HashSet();
additionalParams.add("DONT_TRIGGER_ON_ME");

IStatus status = IWorkItemServer.saveWorkItem3(newTargetWorkItem, null, null,additionalParams);
if(!status.isOK()){
   // fail
}

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sajjad Ali Khan commented Sep 16 '15, 4:04 p.m.

Ralph Schoon

Thanks dear for replying me, i will check this and let you know further.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.