It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automate the reference links in a newly created work item

Paul B (21313) | asked Sep 02 '15, 6:48 p.m.
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to automate the reference links between the work item I create and an already created work item using a participant.

How I have it planned in my head is... Lets say I have three (permanent) tasks A, B, and C created; I then create an attribute that has the selection A, B or C for the task work item presentation. When they save the work item, I want the participant to be able to find the task (by name) chosen in the attribute, and create a child reference to the current task work item. Then create a parent reference link form the newly created work item to the task selected in the attribute.

If anyone knows of any good doco that can help please post it in, or have anything that might help (yes I'm new to RTC).

Thanks

Comments
Paul B commented Sep 03 '15, 1:00 a.m. | edited Sep 12 '15, 12:57 a.m.

I've been looking around at examples and compared to the operationalAdvisors, there appears to be an extra 'Common' package. I'm not sure how to create this. I can see that it is linked through the feature plugin package.

EDIT: Under Operational behaviours under Save Work Item (Server), the Add button for follow up actions is greyed out. Frustrating.

Any help would be great.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 12 '15, 12:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Remember to add your comments as a "comment".   If you add a comment as an answer, your question no longer will appear in the "unanswered question" queue.

Paul B commented Sep 12 '15, 6:16 p.m.

Didn;t know that .Thanks for letting me know.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 12 '15, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do not Modify the Triggering Element in an OperationAdvisor so you have to use a participant. Again I suggest to do the extensions workshop.

This kind of work is rather hardcore. This is serious development, and if you are unexperienced, don't expect it to be easy. Expect to get stuck and frustrated. The best you can do is grabbing all the examples you can find and try to understand the patterns.
Paul B selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul B commented Sep 12 '15, 6:19 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

I think this was the second question I asked on this forum and didn't know much about it. I've read a lot more doco since then. The examples are helping and are learning a lot.
Thanks for your reply.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.