It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem deploying RTC 5.0.2 client side plugin on Jetty server

Nikita Dhande (35110) | asked Aug 28 '15, 4:52 a.m.
Hi,

I have installed Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 on my machine. I have followed the steps as given in the Rational Team Concert Extensions Workshop for the installation.

In the Rational Team Concert Extensions Workshop pdf, I have carried out the steps up to Lab 1. In that, I have completed setup of Tomcat server, Jetty server and tested the launch. After that I have skipped the steps in the pdf.

I have created a plugin project with my own code. Now I want to deploy this plugin on Jetty server. Can you please tell the steps how I can do that?

I tried following the steps from Lab 2 but the plugin is not getting deployed on Jetty. My aim is to debug my plugin code using Jetty server.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 31 '15, 2:08 a.m.

Why don't you just follow all the steps in order? All the required information is in the PDF. It will save you much time if you simply follow the steps there.

Nikita Dhande commented Aug 31 '15, 2:15 a.m.

But the example given in Lab 2 i.e CREATE A SIMPLE BUILD ON STATE CHANGE OPERATION PARTICIPANT is a default one. I want to deploy my own developed plugin in Jetty.

How do I do that?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 31 '15, 5:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Perform the whole workshop to understand how that is working. The workshop also has a client pulgin and tests that with Eclipse.

Note, client plugins are not run in Jetty, they are run in a debug Eclipse.
Nikita Dhande selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nikita Dhande commented Aug 31 '15, 6:06 a.m.

Thanks so much Ralph!! I will surely try as you said. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.