It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Versions not in Change-set will not be recorded

Han Jie (10120) | asked Nov 23 '07, 5:18 a.m.
I notice that there is no way to check version tree of element. or compare 2 version.

So it means:
All the versions delivered much associated with Change sets. That is to say:
Versions not in Change-set will not be recorded and protected by Jazz SCM, right am I?

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Nov 23 '07, 9:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you had a chance to read the SCM tutorial, it talks about history for files. From the history view you can compare two versions of a file and navigate to the change-set which relates the files that were changed together.

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Nov 23 '07, 9:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jihan,

I guess you have the default setting "Auto check-in local changes" set. You can change this setting under menu Window - Preferences. In the Preferences go to Team - Jazz Source Control. Under Syncronization Policy you can uncheck auto check in.

In the view Pending Changes you get then an Unresolved folder when changing a file. On the context menu you can selct to check them in. When they are checked in you will get an Outgoing folder.

The next time you change the same file you will have different versions, one in the Unresolved folder and one in the outgoig folder. On the context menu of the file select Compare with... In the upcoming dialog you can check for Show Worskpaces and compare with the outgoing file.

But if you do not deliver the first change to the stream before you check in the second change you will not see the different versions afterwards I think.

At any time you can on the context menu of a file in the Package Explorer View select Team - Show History. You will see all the different versions of the file. On the context menu of those version in the History View you can compare as well with different version.

Is that what you mean?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.