It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORs feature for copying requirements from parent module to child module

Kunal N (872361) | asked Aug 07 '15, 8:47 a.m.
 Hi All,

I have a below requirement from client in Rational DOORs.

I have parent Module name "XYZ" with 500 requirements. I have child modules namely "module1","module2", some of the requirements from parent module "XYZ" are common for child modules.

Below are the questions:

1. Can we copy/fetch requirements from parent module to child module.( Example:  can we copy first 100 requirements from parent to child module "module1"). There should be complete visibility of these 100 requirements with all their column, properties, attributes, etc. in child "module 1".

2. When Changes done in parent module "XYZ" requirements should be reflected in child module as well i.e. Synchronization must be there in parent and child module.(example: As we have copied and made child Module "module1" from parent module "XYZ" first 100 requirements.  Is this possible ?

Thank you,
Kunal Nigade.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 10 '15, 3:04 a.m.
You make things unnecessarily complicated. Simply "reuse" the artifacts, which means that you will see the "same" artifact in both parent and child modules.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSR27Q_5.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_reuse_artifacts_modules.html

Comments
Kunal N commented Aug 10 '15, 5:35 a.m.

Hi Donald,

I am looking to achieve this in rational DOORS.

Thank you.

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Aug 10 '15, 4:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Donald's answer assumes that you are using DOORS Next Generation, which is implicit as you are on jazz.net. However, if you are using DOORS 9, then you can copy using the Copy & Link tool, which lets you choose which properties get carried across. However, DOORS 9 does not have an easy way to keep the two sets in sync.

Comments
Keith Collyer commented Sep 03 '15, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Of course, once you have copied and linked, you can then use the suspect links facility to find when things change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.