It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User is getting unable to login to JTS if they do not login to the application more than a week.

Raj Asthana (826) | asked Jul 29 '15, 4:40 a.m.
 Hi,
My team is using RTC 4.0.5 on window 2008 platform. As team members are asking that they do not being able to login to RTC applicaiton if they do not access it since a week. After a week when they go to access the application then they do not be able to access it. So every time I need to do the reset password for them after that they become able to access the application.
I tried to find out the configuration where i can increase the time to reset their password if they are not being access the application since a month i.e. their password should expire after a month. So please help me where i can make the changes in the configuration or what else need to make it possible?

Many thanks for your kind help.

Kind Regards,
Raj 

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jul 29 '15, 5:21 a.m.

Hi Raj,

Are you using the tomcat user registry or LDAP ?

If you are using the LDAP, you should contact AD admin for the same.

How are you resetting the password and where ?

Can you give more details from the JTS log ?

Regards,
Arun.

Donald Nong commented Jul 30 '15, 12:36 a.m.

Raj, what have you done to the Tomcat configuration so that the user password "should expire after a month"? The default configuration of the bundled Tomcat does not have such a feature and the password never expires.

Raj Asthana commented Jul 30 '15, 3:07 a.m.

Hi Donald,

I did not make any configuration in Tomcat, using the default configuration. However password is getting expire if user does not access the application more than a week.
Kindly suggest me where could be the problem?
Thanks

Donald Nong commented Aug 02 '15, 8:26 p.m.

Can you post the exact error message? A screen shot is preferable. You can attach the image somewhere else and link back here since you cannot upload images to this site at the moment.

4 answers

permanent link
Raj Asthana (826) | answered Jul 29 '15, 6:19 a.m.
 Hello Arun,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am using Tomcat user registry not LDAP. 
whenever user requests for password reset, I open the Users page from JTS and opened respective user then Click on "Reset Password" button. Like this i used to reset the password. 
Problem is like that if user is not access the application since a week then their password become expire and then i need to reset the password for them through "Password Reset" button.

Please let me know if you need more details to help me.

Thanks
Regards,
Raj

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 29 '15, 6:31 a.m.
Hi Raj,

Note: User would have forgot the password, but not that it has expired.

1) Is this issue happening for all the users ?
2) Which is the RTC version ?

Please have a check on the jts logs, when the user is not able to login and share the log information.

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Raj Asthana (826) | answered Jul 29 '15, 6:40 a.m.
 Hi Arun,
User don't forget the password, after one week or more than that if they try to log in to application then get the password expire kind of message that's the reason every time need to reset the password.

For e.g. Today if i logged in to application and then after a week or more than a week if again i try to log in then i get the message like "password expire".

1. Yes it is happen for all the users who are not log in to application since a week or more than that.
2. RTC v4.0.5
Thanks
Regards,
Raj

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jul 29 '15, 6:45 a.m.

Hi Raj,

Can you please share the jts.log entry for one particular user who had the issue.

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Raj Asthana (826) | answered Jul 29 '15, 7:12 a.m.
Hello Arun,
 can you please share your email id,, i will send it on your id.
Thanks
Regards,
Raj

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jul 29 '15, 7:24 a.m.

Hi Raj,

Can you please paste it in the forum, so that it will be referenced for everyone. 

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.